Salmon is one of the most nutritious dinner options — this popular fatty fish is rich in omega-3s, protein, vitamin B, potassium, and antioxidants. The addition of basil cream sauce packs a flavorful punch to this nutritious dish. Try out this cream sauce for your salmon tonight — you’re sure to be coming back for more!
COOK TIME | 25–30 minutes YIELD | Serves 4
- 4 wild salmon steaks (6 oz each)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream from grass-fed cows
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon unsalted raw grass-fed butter
- Preheat grill to high.
- Rinse salmon under cold water, drain, and blot dry. Brush salmon on both sides with olive oil. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Combine basil, wine, and garlic in a blender and process until a smooth puree forms. Transfer to a small heavy saucepan. Stir in cream.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, taking care not to let cream boil over. Stir frequently for 10–15 minutes, until sauce is reduced by half.
- Add butter and lemon juice, continuing to stir. Once the butter is incorporated into the cream mixture, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Grill salmon until it just starts to fully flake. Remove from heat. Spoon cream sauce over salmon, serve, and enjoy!