Acupuncture is a form of treatment that involves inserting very thin needles through a person's skin at specific points on the body, to various depths. An acupuncturist will insert needles into a person's body with the aim of balancing their energy. This, it is claimed, can help boost wellbeing and may cure some illnesses. Conditions it is used for include different kinds of pain, such as headaches, blood pressure problems, and whooping cough, among others. Research suggests that it can help relieve pain, and it is used for a wide range of other complaints. However, according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), there is limited evidence for its effectiveness in areas other than pain. How acupuncture works scientifically remains unclear. Some people claim it works by balancing vital energy, while others believe it has a neurological effect. Acupuncture remains controversial among Western medical doctors and scientists.
Low Back Pain
For a report published in the Annals of Internal Medicine in 2017, researchers analyzed previously published trials on the use of non-pharmacologic therapies for low back pain.
Migraines adding acupuncture to the treatment of migraine symptoms may reduce the frequency of episodes, however the size of the effect is small when compared to a sham acupuncture treatment.
Tension Headaches A 2016 review (involving 12 trials and 2349 participants) suggests that acupuncture involving at least six sessions may help people with frequent tension headaches.
Knee Pain An analysis of previously published studies found that acupuncture improved physical function in the short and long term in people with chronic knee pain due to osteoarthritis
Acupuncture is tradition in the countries like China, Japan and Korea. There is a wide range of acupuncture originating in different philosophies, and techniques, however these methods are differently done in various countries. Acupuncture is generally safe when done by using clean needle technique and single use needles.
Following is a list and short description for acupuncture treatment:
- Tuina: Tuina is a Chinese method, it is used to release muscle tension and heal injuries such as sprains and strains. Everyone love to have this part of the treatment. This technique is useful for enhancing health and treating various clinical conditions.
- Cupping: This techniques is used for neck and shoulder pain, low back pain. People mostly get it for many purposes, and also it help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation. It also stimulates the flow of blood and to facilitate healing area. The cups which are used are made of Glass, Bamboo, and Silicon.
- Electroacupucnture: This techniques are mostly used for pain relief. The needles are then attached to a device that generates continuous electric pulses using small clips. It extremely releases muscle tensions.
- Family wellness and care plans
- Pediatric care
- Worker’s compensation injuries
- Auto and personal injuries
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder and arm problems
- Hip and leg problems
- Neck or back pain
- Disc problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome