Orthotic is specially designed tools to support and relax your feet. They match exactly the shape of your feet and are designed for the way you move. Orthodoxy is manufactured only after a podiatrist evaluates your feet. In order to solve foot problems such as plantar fasciitis, bursitis, tendinitis, diabetic foot ulcers, and foot, ankle, and heel pain podiatrist use orthotics. Clinical research studies have shown that the podiatrist determines the leg orthotics and reduces the pain of the legs and improve the function. Orthotics are generally more than shoe inserts purchased in retail stores, but additional costs are generally worth it.
Prescription Orthotic is made up of top notch material and it can last for many years if it is properly treated. Since orthotics prescriptions are medical devices, therefore your insurance company can help you to cover the cost.
Custom foot orthotic is medical devices that not only provide cushion and arc support but also provide some more benefits. If your feet are particularly painful during standing, walking or running, then you can get quick relief using over the counter shoe inserts or prefabricated orthotics. Orthotic is not only for people who suffering from foot pain but also for those who are dealing with back pain, pain in their hips and knees and arthritis related pain. There are different treatments for different kind of problems, it means a runner or athletes that experience foot pain may receive certain type of treatment, while a normal people with broken bones or inflamed ligaments will receive a different orthotics treatment.
Foot Orthotics are specially designed shoe inserts that help in supporting feet and fixing any imbalances.
There are two different methods of orthotics:
- Rigid Orthotics: Rigid Orthotics is made from materials like plastic. They are best for walking or dressed shoe with closed toes and low heels. This type of orthotic is designed to reduce leg pain and stretch as well as pain in thigh and lower back.
- Soft Orthotics: Soft leg orthotics helps in the treatment of patients who are suffering from Petlofoamoral pain. These are made of soft compression material. They provide padding to remove the pressure. Study examined the effects of orthotics on foot in the three dimensions of walking, running joint and the knee joint speed.
- Family wellness and care plans
- Pediatric care
- Worker’s compensation injuries
- Auto and personal injuries
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder and arm problems
- Hip and leg problems
- Neck or back pain
- Disc problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome